The MIC5209-3.3YS-TR is an effi cient linear voltage regulator with very low dropout voltage, typically 10mV at light loads and less than 500mV at full load, with better than 1% output voltage accuracy.
Designed especially for hand-held, battery-powered devices,the MIC5209 features low ground current to help prolong battery life. An enable/shutdown pin on SO-8 and TO-263-5 versions can further improve battery life with near-zero shutdown current.
Key features include reversed-battery protection, current limiting, overtemperature shutdown, ultra-low-noise capability(SO-8 and TO-263-5 versions), and availability in thermally effi cient packaging. The MIC5209 is available in adjustable or fi xed output voltages.
For space-critical applications where peak currents do not exceed 500mA, see the MIC5219.
• Meets Intel® Slot 1 and Slot 2 requirements
• Guaranteed 500mA output over the full operating
• Low 500mV maximum dropout voltage at full load
• Extremely tight load and line regulation
• Thermally-effi cient surface-mount package
• Low temperature coeffi cient
• Current and thermal limiting
• Reversed-battery protection
• No-load stability
• 1% output accuracy
• Ultra-low-noise capability in SO-8 and TO-263-5
• Ultra-small 3mm x 3mm MLF™ package
• Pentium II Slot 1 and Slot 2 support circuits
• Laptop, notebook, and palmtop computers
• Cellular telephones
• Consumer and personal electronics
• SMPS post-regulator/dc-to-dc modules
• High-effi ciency linear power supplies